When in Rhodes, especially for a short time, it is imperative that you are able to do and see the things you want to in the time you have. By arranging a private tour for yourself, or your group with a Private car, Mini Van or Mini Bus, you are able to maximize and optimize your time on Rhodes.
Some suggestions for tours taking in the highlights of Rhodes:
Rhodes Town – half day duration approx. 4.5hours
- Panoramic drive around Monte Smith to visit the Temple of Apollo. Guided walk around the ancient stadium and theatre.
- City Tour by bus through the New Town and Mandraki Harbour.
- Visit and guided walk through the Old Town of Rhodes starting from Porte D’Amboise and finishing at Porte Kolona.
Lindos – half day duration approx. 4.5hours
- Drive south down the east coast to Lindos.
- Visit the Acropolis either on foot or by “taxi” (donkey ride!).
- Guided tour of the Acropolis.
- Free time to walk around the cobbled streets of Lindos village with its traditional houses & tempting shops.
- On the return trip stop at a ceramic factory where there is a demonstration of how the local ceramics are made.
Lindos and Butterflies – half day duration approx. 4.5hours
- Drive south to the famous village of Lindos. Guided walk through the village and guided tour of the Acropolis. Short free time to walk around the village.
- Scenic drive across the island to the west coast.
- Visit Anastasia Winery where you can sample & buy local wines.
- Visit the Valley of the Butterflies– guided walk through the valley.
Filerimos and Butterflies – half day duration approx. 4.5hours
- Drive along the west coast to Mount Filerimos (ruins of ancient city of Ialyssos).
- Guided tour & walk to the cross passing the 12 shrines of “Golgotha” road.
- Drive further along the west coast for a guided tour of the Valley of the Butterflies.
- Walk through the Valley with its running waters, trees & peaceful surroundings.
Island Tour – full day duration approx. 8 hours
- Drive to the famous village of Lindos. Guided walk through village and visit the Acropolis. Short free time to walk around.
- Scenic drive to Monolithos Village. Photo stop.
- Short drive to Sianna for famous honey and souma tasting.
- Drive through the mountains to the village of Embona for wine tasting.
- Visit a traditional taverna for lunch
- Drive along the west coast to visit Filerimos (ancient city of Ialyssos) or Valley of the Butterflies.